On April 23, Members Credit Union will re-open the Morganton branch and open all branch lobbies to members. Every branch location, including those with drive-thru teller service, will now allow up to five members in the office at one time as we are required to limit the number of people to 20% of our maximum fire capacity. Each office will have its location's new maximum capacity posted on their door. We encourage you to use the drive-thru service where available for simple deposit and withdrawal transactions.
Here is What You Can Expect When You Visit a Branch
We are opening our branches so that we can serve our members, and we have put measures in place so that we may adequately follow the guidelines provided by the CDC to help keep our staff and members healthy.
- Every branch has social distancing floor pads in their lobbies that indicate where you should stand while waiting in line.
- As an added protection, we have added plexiglass shields at each teller station.
- We have purchased cloth masks for each of our employees to wear at their discretion, and you may see staff wearing masks and gloves.
- We will continue to wipe down our stations and high touch areas frequently throughout the day.
- MCU 's policy is that when a staff member feels sick or has a fever, they must stay home.
We look forward to serving you in our lobby, and we ask that you will help us adhere to social distancing guidelines by waiting in line on the social distancing pads provided, or waiting outside when our lobby is at maximum capacity. If you feel sick or you are running a fever, please stay home and consider using home banking services. Our call center is available at 800-951-8000 on Monday through Friday, 8 AM to 5 PM to help you with your account.
Pads on the floor to indicate where you should stand while waiting at the teller line.
Members waiting in line at the teller line using the social distance pads to keep an appropriate distance.